Internet users who access the Website automatically become users thereof (hereinafter “Users”) and agree to the terms and conditions of the Legal Notice in full. Any Users who do not agree to the Legal Notice should leave the Website immediately and make no use thereof.
By accepting the Legal Notice, all Users declare that they:
Have read, understood and assimilated the contents hereof;
Agree to all the obligations set out herein.
1. General Information about the Website
In accordance with the provisions of Article 10 of Act 34/2002, of 11 July 2002, on information-society services and e-commerce, the following general information about the Website is provided:
Owner: ESCOLA SUPERIOR DE COMERÇ INTERNACIONAL (hereinafter “ESCI-UPF”)
Legal address: Passeig de Pujades, 1, 08003 – Barcelona, Spain
Tax code (NIF): Q5856335D
Telephone: +34 932 954 710
2. Regulations Governing Use of the Website
Users agree to use the Website and all the contents and services thereon in accordance with the law, morals, public order and the Legal Notice. They also agree to make proper use of the services and/or contents on the Website and not to use them for any illegal activities or for any purpose that might constitute a crime, infringe on the rights of any third parties or that go against any applicable body of law.
Users agree not to pass on, enter, disseminate or make available to any third parties any kind of material or information (data, contents, messages, drawings, sound or picture archives, photographs, software, etc.) that goes against the law, morals, public order and the Legal Notice. Users’ obligations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Not to enter or disseminate contents or propaganda that is racist, xenophobic or pornographic in nature or that supports terrorism or goes against human rights.
- Not to enter or disseminate online data programs (viruses and malware) that might cause damage to the service provider’s computing systems or those of suppliers or third-party internet users.
- Not to pass on, disseminate or make available to third parties any kind of information, item or form of content that goes against any fundamental rights or public freedoms recognised in the Spanish Constitution and international treaties.
- Not to pass on, disseminate or make available to third parties any kind of information, item or form of content that constitutes illegal or disloyal advertising.
- Not to disseminate any unrequested or unauthorised advertising, advertising material, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid structures or similar, except in those areas (such as commercial spaces) that have been specifically designed for that purpose.
- Not to enter or disseminate any false, ambiguous or vague information or contents that might be misleading.
- Not to usurp other Users by using other Users’ usernames and passwords to access the various services and contents on the Website that are password protected.
- Not to pass on, disseminate or make available to third parties any kind of information, item or form of content that might infringe on the owner of the Website’s intellectual or industrial property rights, patents, brands or copyright, or those belonging to any third party.
- Not to pass on, disseminate or make available to third parties any kind of information, item or form of content that might infringe on private communications or go against personal data protection legislation.
Users agree to hold ESCI-UPF free and harmless from any possible claims, fines, penalties or other sanctions that Users might face if they fail to comply with any of the aforementioned regulations of use. Furthermore, ESCI-UPF reserves the right to seek compensation for any damages they should face.
ESCI-UPF is not in any way obliged to ensure that the Website is free of viruses, worms or any other form of malware. Users are responsible for ensuring that their hardware is equipped with the appropriate tools for detecting and eliminating malware.
ESCI-UPF shall not be liable for any damage done to Users’ or third parties’ software and/or hardware while they are using the services offered on the Website or while browsing the Website.
ESCI-UPF shall not be liable for any kind of damages suffered by Users as a result of any outages or disconnections in the telecommunications network that lead to the suspension, cancellation or interruption of service on the Website, either before or during service provision.
4. Linked Contents and Services on the Website
The Website may contain technical features in the form of links, directories and search tools that enable Users to access other webpages and internet portals (hereinafter “Linked Sites”). In such cases, ESCI-UPF shall be liable only for the contents and services provided on Linked Sites in the event that ESCI-UPF fails to duly take down links to sites they know to be illicit in nature. Should Users detect illicit or unsuitable contents on Linked Sites, they may notify ESCI-UPF thereof, without said notification in any way implying that ESCI-UPF is thereby obliged to take down the link in question.
In no case shall the existence of Linked Sites imply a formal agreement between ESCI-UPF and the owners of or persons responsible for the Linked Sites or imply that ESCI-UPF in any way recommends, promotes or identifies with the opinions, contents or services provided thereon.
Unless expressly indicated otherwise on the Website, ESCI-UPF is unable of the contents and services provided on Linked Sites and is therefore in no way liable for any damages caused as a result of any illicit, poor-quality, outdated, unavailable, erroneous or ineffective contents and/or services on the Linked Sites, including any other damages that are not directly attributable to ESCI-UPF-
5. Intellectual and Industrial Property
All the contents of the Website, taken to include, without being limited to, the texts, documents, photographs, graphics, images, icons, technology, software, links and other audiovisual or sound contents, as well as the graphic design and source code, are the intellectual property of ESCI-UPF or third parties. As recognised by current intellectual property legislation, none of the rights to use said contents shall be understood to be assigned to Users.
Users affirm that they are the sole author of all the photographs, images, texts and/or comments (hereinafter “Contents”) that they post on the Website or send by means thereof, and vouch that the use of these Contents on the Website does not infringe on the rights of any third party. Users freely assign to ESCI-UPF the rights to publicly communicate, reproduce, distribute and transform these Contents under all currently existing forms of use at the time of agreeing to this Legal Notice. Said rights shall be assigned universally and for Users’ lifetime plus seventy years after their death or declaration of death.
The brands, trade names or distinctive symbols published on the Website are owned by ESCI-UPF or third parties, and Users shall not be understood to enjoy any right thereto.
6. Invalidation of Clauses
Should any of the clauses herein be declared null or invalid in part or in full, this invalidation shall affect only the clause, or part thereof, declared null or invalid. The rest of the Legal Notice shall be considered to remain in force.
7. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This Legal Notice shall be governed and interpreted by Spanish legislation. Should any questions or differences of opinion arise, ESCI-UPF and Users agree to submit themselves to the jurisdiction and authority of the Barcelona Courts of Law, unless application legislation expressly states otherwise.